Myself

Myself
Grad Photo

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creative Pursuits

Built Upon Another

It seems just like yesterday
when I was full of contentment and love.
A utopia has been destroyed.
Destroyed...
Crumbling to the ground
His breath against my chest
The last sputters of air as he whispers
I love you Madelyne
It was a spoonful of delight that day when he knelt on one knee.
Tears stream from my eyes.
I love you too

The forever intoxicating scent of my significant other
Still lingers in our home.
The course of sorrow begins
As I step into a broken utopia
Where are you?
Why do I feel your presence
When you are no longer here
Why do your arms envelope me
I turn
Disappointment
Your not there

Yet again tears stream from me
The skies blacken
Perfect
It matches my mood
It feels so natural
As my world rains on this broken utopia
As the rain subsides
A knot of hate grows within my stomach

Thunder and lightning dance in the skies
You have abandoned me
Went back on your promises of love
Your promises of tomorrow
What am I to do?
A loss of a life
Only to gain a life

I curl upon our haven
Reminiscing of the days
Readying myself to move on
From our happy, happy days
Full of love and laughter
Which seems to elude me
I glance upon myself
Creases form upon my brow

The scales of life have been weighed
Our baby is now the stars
One day he will be another's sun
Like you were to me

He runs away
As the years go by
In the yard with our loyal pet
We'll see each other again love
But when we do
Please darling
Please don't say,
I told you so

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers